AdvantageU is a partnership between the University of Maine System and the Maine Community College System. Students in the Associates of Arts degree in Liberal Studies at York County Community College who register for the program and meet all of program the requirements receive guaranteed admission* to any of Maine’s public universities and experience a simplified transfer process.
- Experience a streamlined transfer process from YCCC to a Maine public university
- Transfer to the university with junior standing
- Receive early advising toward your university major
- No university application fee
How the AdvantageU Program Works
- Admittance and enrollment into the Liberal Studies program at YCCC
- Prior to earning 30 credits, enroll in the program via the Participation Form. These forms can be found in Student Affairs or with the Director of Career & Transfer Services.
- At 45 credits or just about a semester from completing your degree, complete the Intent to Enroll/Transfer Application form.
- When grades post for the semester, your application, YCCC transcript, high school transcript, and immunization records will be sent by YCCC to the University of Maine system processing center for FREE. You are responsible for sending any other documents or prior college transcripts.
- Once you complete your associate degree in Liberal Studies, you are guaranteed admission* as a junior at the Maine public university of your choice.
*This program does not guarantee admission into a particular degree program. Since some university programs have specific criteria and/or grade point average (GPA) requirements for admission and class standing. You should work closely with your advisors (faculty, YCCC Transfer advisor, and receiving institution Transfer advisor) to make sure you are meeting the requirements for the baccalaureate degree program you choose. In most cases, a baccalaureate degree can be completed in two additional academic years.
- Deadline for Intent to Enroll/Transfer Application forms:
- For Fall entrance: mid-January
- For Spring entrance: mid-September
- The University of Maine requires a 2.5 GPA for guaranteed admission.
- The University of Maine at Farmington requires a 2.5 GPA minimum for some programs and is subject to an enrollment cap.
For More Information: Visit www.AdvntageU.me.edu
If you have further questions or are ready to sign up, stop into Student Affairs or contact: