Start earning college credits now!
Dual Enrollment is an early college experience for high school and home-schooled juniors and seniors who wish to experience a college classroom, explore career options, and earn both high school and college credit at the same time!Students may register for general education and technical courses if they meet the course prerequisites. Math, English and lab sciences will require the Accuplacer placement test or appropriate SAT or ACT scores.
- Be a high school or home-schooled junior or senior.
- Have the necessary prerequisites for desired course(s).
- Have permission from a parent and guidance counselor.
- Pay for associated tuition, fees, and textbooks.
- Interview with the Dual Enrollment Coordinator 207-216-4419 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dual Enrollment Registration Process:
- Discuss Dual Enrollment with your guidance counselor and parents. If interested, request a Dual Enrollment Application Packet from your counselor.
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Program Application Packet and return to guidance counselor, or bring a completed application form to your appointment.
- Make an appointment with Dual Enrollment Coordinator to review your application and complete course pre-registration.
- Have your guidance counselor sign pre-registration form and return to DE Coordinator.
- Complete registration form with DE Coordinator.
- Make payment arrangements.
- ATTEND NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION.
- Visit the College Bookstore to purchase textbooks.
How much does it cost?
Each course at YCCC is $90 per credit, plus college fees and college textbooks. An average 3 credit course costs students approximately $350.
Dual Enrollment students can receive scholarships to cover the cost of tuition. Additionally, fees may be covered by the student's high school. Students are responsible for the cost of books and transportation.
When do YCCC classes begin and end?
The college academic calendar is different from the high school calendar. Fall semester begins the day after Labor Day and ends mid December. Spring semester begins the day after Martin Luther King Day and ends mid May. Summer semester begins the day after Memorial Day and ends in late July.
Click here to download the Dual Enrollment application.