York County Community College welcomes applications from students who have citizenship from outside the United States.
In order for an international student to enroll at YCCC, the student must have an F-1 student visa. Before a student can be considered for the F-1 visa, YCCC must submit the I-20 form to U.S. Immigration which shows you have been accepted to the college, have the financial means to pay for the classes and have the appropriate English skills to succeed. The I-20 process may take several months so plan accordingly.
Please note that YCCC does not have residence halls. Housing arrangements are your responsibility.
- Visiting YCCC for a one-on-one meeting with an Admissions Representative is strongly recommended.
- Completing the free online application form
- Obtaining an official transcript(in English) showing the completion of the student's secondary level education. Certifying agencies include World Education Services (www.wes.org or Center for Educational Documentation (www.cedevaluations.com) These agencies also certify foreign university transcripts for students seeking to transfer in credits.
- For prospective students with a native language other then English:the Test of English as a Foreign Language(TOEFL)is required to show English proficiency. For information on dates and locations for the test visit the official website: www.toefl.org.
- Submitting the Foreign Student Certification of Finances forms (provided by the college), verifying support from personal, family, sponsor or other financial funds.You must show that you have $14,000 in US funds available each year. You must be current on all tuition payments while attending on a student visa.
- An international student's Certificate of Eligibility Form I-20 will be provided by YCCC upon acceptance.
- Schedule and attend an Assessment/Registration session for placement testing and course scheduling
- Complete your immunization form included in your acceptance packet and return it to Enrollment Services.
- Use your user name and password to begin checking your YCCC email and portal for important updates.
Please be advised of the following conditions that apply to F-1 students:
- You must maintain full-time student status (12 credits) at all times.
- You are not permitted to apply to work off-campus until you have been here one year.