Online Resources | Tutoring Schedules | Contact Us | YCCC Library
What is the Learning Center?
|The Learning Center provides free and tutoring academic support services to any YCCC student.
|How do I get to the Learning Center?
phone: 207-646-9282 extension 5315
Resources and Virtual Learning Center
Get LC announcements on Facebook!
| When should I see a tutor?
Tutors are available to help students at any point during the semester.
Some common reasons students seek assistance at the Learning Center are:
- questions about course material (math, computers, writing, research, biology, A&P, etc.)
- writing assistance and research papers
- math practice problems
- reading strategies
- study strategies and study skills
- test anxiety
- consistent underperformance in courses
- time management
- test preparation
- building academic confidence
- increasing academic motivation
- questions about navigating an online course
- and much more...
| How do I meet a tutor?
The Learning Center provides drop-in tutoring hours for many subject areas including:
- writing and research papers
- computer applications
- anatomy and physiology
- accounting and business
- social sciences (including psychology and sociology)
- computer-aided design
- online class assistance with the Blackboard Mentor
Please see the tutoring schedule below for drop-in times No appointments are necessary for drop-in times. If you do not see the subject you need help with, please contact the Learning Center.
If you would like to meet with the Learning Center Director, an appointment is encouraged.
| What are the LC hours of operation?
2012 Spring Semester*
(Beginning Tuesday, January 17, 2012)
|Monday - Thursday