As part of our mission, York County Community College is committed to providing equal educational opportunity and access for individuals with disabilities. Toward this end and in conjunction with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504, YCCC accepts and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students with disabilities.
- The role of the Office of Student Disability Services is to assist the student with this process.
- Our goal is to support you in becoming the best self-advocate you can be.
What you need to know...
Students are requested to contact and register with the Office of Student Disability Services as soon as possible after acceptance. We want to insure that the process is completed in a timely manner and that accommodations are in place for the start of your semester.
Do you have a documented disability which may/does interfere with your college education?
If so, please visit the Student Affairs Office to:
- Pick up an information packet on OSD services and a brochure.
- Make an appointment with the Coordinator of Student Disability Services, Cindy O'Toole.
- You can also contact the coordinator directly by calling: 207 216-4412 or by clicking here.
Office of Disability Services Office Hours:
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesdays: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
For additional information the following links are provided:
Accommodating Students with Disabilities Checklist
GUIDELINES FOR THE DOCUMENTATION OF A PSYCHOLOGICAL DISABILITY
GUIDELINES FOR DOCUMENTATION OF A LEARNING DISABILITY
GUIDELINES FOR THE DOCUMENTATION OF A PHYSICAL OR OTHER HEALTH RELATED DISABILITY
GUIDELINES FOR DOCUMENTATION OF ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERS