Read about YCCC’s plan and response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Dear York County Residents and Businesses:
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on York County residents and businesses can’t be overstated. Many of us lost loved ones, many lost their jobs, and some lost their business. At the same time, we all felt the impact of isolation and separation from our family, friends, and co-workers. No doubt, the last year was challenging, but even in the darkest moments, we showed the world that Mainers are resilient, compassionate, and FEARLESS when it comes to supporting our family, friends, and communities.
As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, York County Community College is ready to help in every possible way. At YCCC, our goal is not just to help the economy recover but to see it SOAR. After all, YCCC’s purpose is to inspire and empower our students and communities to thrive! As we move forward, YCCC makes the following commitment to all Maine residents and businesses:
Commitment to ME
1. We commit to reimagining YCCC’s academic and training programs to meet the current and future business and industry needs.
2. We commit to providing quality education and training programs that prepare YCCC students for rewarding careers and fulfilling lives.
3. We commit to making education and training more accessible for everyone by removing barriers, including financial ones, that stop you from attending YCCC.
4. We commit to creating pathways from high school to YCCC through extended learning opportunities that allow students to earn credentials/certificates while in high school.
5. We commit to offering more opportunities for YCCC students to ensure they have the soft skills needed to succeed in their career and their community through athletics, student organizations, and mentor programs.
6. We commit to partnering with more four-year colleges to allow YCCC students to transfer and complete a bachelor’s degree at an affordable cost.
At York County Community College, we believe that our job is to help you achieve your goals. If you are an individual who wants to take courses, pursue a degree, or obtain a training credential, we can help. If you are a business that needs specific or customized training for your employees, we are your partners. Regardless of your situation, if you want to take the next step in achieving your goals, we are here for you! Make no mistake about it; York County will emerge from the pandemic to thrive as a community.
Our best is ahead,
Michael Fischer, Ed.D.
President- York County Community College