Inclement Weather & Emergency Communications
YCCC will communicate with members of the community when an inclement weather delay or closing, emergency or urgent situation arises by using several different means:
- Campus Web YCCC will use the College’s website to post up-to-date information about inclement weather closings or delays or any emergency/urgent situation on campus. All members of the community should check the website regularly for updates.
- Social Media YCCC will post up-to-date information about any inclement weather delays or closings or any emergency/urgent situation on campus on all of the College’s social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Telephone Recording. The College’s main telephone number, (207) 646-9282, will have a recorded response to provide information and instruction about inclement weather closings or delays or any emergency/urgent situation on campus.
- Public Media – YCCC will notify the following TV/Radio stations of any campus information about a delayed opening time, cancellation of all classes for all or part of the day or closure due to an emergency situation: NECN (Channel 4), NBC/WCSH (Channel 6), ABC/WMTW (Channel 8), CBS/WGME (Channel 13), WOKQ (97.5); WPKQ; (103.7), SHARK (102.1; 105.3) WTSN (1270 AM); WBYY (98.7) of any Campus Information about a delayed opening time, cancellation of all classes for all or part of the day, information about any emergency situation.
- Emergency Alert System. Students, faculty and staff can register to receive a communication to a variety of devices, i.e., cell or home phone number, text message or email (to a designated account) with campus information about a delayed opening time, cancellation of all classes for all or part of a day, information about an emergency occurring in the building or surrounding areas with instruction not to report to the campus, or notification that the emergency is over and it is safe to return.
- To register or edit contact information in the Emergency Alert System, students, faculty, and staff can login go to: https://my.yccc.edu/ICS. and select Emergency Alert Info from the left-hand column.