SUMMARY: The Enrollment Coordinator operates in a high-tech environment and is responsible for recruiting and onboarding students interested in enrolling at the college. The Enrollment Coordinator recruits and assists potential and accepted students through the admissions process and continues that student relationship through the college transition. The Enrollment Coordinator maintains positive relationships with high school guidance counselors, vocational centers, adult education centers, local businesses, and community members. The Enrollment Coordinator is responsible for promoting the college and its programs to a variety of audiences including middle schools, high schools, adult students and workforce employees in and outside of the State of Maine.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: MEA salary schedule pending classification. Benefits include 100% employer paid health, dental and life insurance for employees (spouse/domestic partner/dependent coverage also available), vision insurance, choice of Maine Public Employees Retirement System or TIAA CREF in lieu of social security, generous vacation/personal/sick time allowances, 12 paid holidays, professional development, and free tuition within the MCCS for employees, spouse and/or dependents.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree. 1-2 years of experience in enrollment or closely related field.
DESIRABLE: Master’s Degree. 2 + years experience in enrollment management, admissions, marketing, counseling and advising students. Experience with student clubs/organizations, E-sports, student leadership development, or intercollegiate athletics. Computer proficiency, admissions or sales experience. Ability to communicate effectively before large and small groups, knowledge or experience in counseling and advising.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of and experiencing working with social media including: (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snap Chat, TikTok)
- A clean driving record is important due to in and out of state travel requirements
- Excellent relationship building, oral and written communication skills relative to presentations
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office) and use of student information system (Jenzabar)
- Superior problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
- Solutions oriented with strong follow-up ability
- Passion for representing the college and its programs
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic in a diverse educational community setting.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to the following;
- Serve as the initial point of contact for enrollment and registration activities within assigned region. Create and maintain positive relationships with prospective students, guidance counselors, middle schools, high schools, vocational and adult education centers. Responsible for admissions outreach both in and out of the state of Maine. Schedule and perform presentations and one on one appointments at high schools, vocational and adult education centers. Helps coordinate Open House, financial aid nights and other recruitment activities. Contact prospective students by phone, mail, email, Zoom, and text. Statewide and out-of-state travel required.
- Maintain office hours for walk-in traffic, and schedule appointments, meet and greet prospective students and their families, conduct campus tours, connect students with financial aid, Student Success Coaches, faculty and other student support services. Assist with onboarding students as well as add/drop courses as appropriate and according to College policies.
- Process applications, collect immunization records, review high school and college transcripts to determine prerequisite courses, review documents for accuracy and completeness and record them in the appropriate computer software. Provide data entry and clerical support.
- Hires and trains student tour guides on how to use online enrollment services functions to support admission, registration, and payment activities. Educate students on how to access College information available on the internet.
- Create text messages, email blasts, social media to ensure effective communications to prospective students and campus community. Collaborate with Director of Enrollment Management/Marketing to identify and coordinate cross promotional opportunities.
- Assist with student clubs and organizations, e-sports, student leadership development, or intercollegiate athletics to provide support with fundraising, constitution writing, travel policies, social media, community outreach, marketing and recruitment. Assist with the implementation of co-curricular programs, activities and multicultural events.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Your application for employment with the Maine Community College System may be subject to public disclosure. Review of applications will begin on July 29, 2020 and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should submit a YCCC Employment Application, letter of interest, resume, transcripts, and three professional references to:
York County Community College
112 College Drive
Wells, Maine 04090
Or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
York County Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and employer. For more information, please call 207/216-4444.