Concurrent Enrollment, like Dual Enrollment, provides the opportunity for high school level juniors and seniors to earn college credit and high school credit at the same time, but allows a student to take YCCC courses at a high school location nearer to them.
- Registration is open to high school juniors and seniors.
- Students must have guidance counselor recommendation.
- Students must meet all course prerequisites and will be required to take the ACCUPLACER exam for specified courses.
First, contact your guidance office for advising! With guidance approval, you may register for courses during our open registration period. Open registration usually begins in mid-April for summer and fall terms, and in mid-November for the spring term.
What you will need to complete:
- Registration Form
- Concurrent Enrollment Agreement
- FERPA Release Form
- Liability Waiver Form for Minor Students
All registrations and forms are processed through the Dual Enrollment office, 207.216.4419. Students taking a course at a high school location where they do not attend will need to complete a Pre-Registration Form signed by their guidance counselor and/or principal.
Denise Young, Office of Academic Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207.216.4404