Consider a degree in Behavioral Health Studies and earn the credentials you need to be employed in Maine.
Tuition & Fees
Knowing what you owe is as important as understanding the resources you’re going to use to pay for it. The tuition and fee costs of attending YCCC for a full-time student enrolled 12+ credits each semester during a typical Fall/Spring semester (academic year) is detailed below. Keep in mind that cost is directly associated with how many credits you enroll for during a given semester.
2019 – 2020 Tuition
- $94 per credit hour for in-state students. Most courses are 3 credits or $282.00
- $188 per credit for out-of-state students.
- Residents of other New England states may be eligible to attend YCCC at reduced out-of-state tuition rates through the Tuition Break program, sponsored by the New England Board of Higher Education. Students who qualify for this program may attend YCCC for 150 percent of the in-state tuition rate.
- Senior Citizens (65+) who register for certain courses, may be eligible for a tuition waiver for up to six credit hours per semester; and waiver of tuition for up to 23 credit hours per person. FMI please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-216-4406. To download the Tuition Waiver Form click HERE.
Costs for a student taking a full course load (15-credits a semester) are estimated to be:
|2019-2020 Charges||Maine residents||Out-of-state students|
|Books and supplies||$1,200||$1,200|
The Net Price Calculator is available to help you better estimate your costs.
2019 – 2020 Fees
Application Fee: There is a $20 non-refundable application fee.
Comprehensive and Course Fee: Comprehensive and course fees are assessed based on the equipment, facilities, and consumable supplies required for the course. Course fees are assessed on the number of credit hours per course as follows:
- Comprehensive fee: $9.20 per credit
- Courses in lab format: $18.40 per credit hour
- Courses in lecture format: $9.20 per credit hour
** Please note that on-line courses are charged at the same rate as those offered on campus.
Graduation/Commencement Fee: A prepaid fee of $50 is charged to all graduating students. This fee helps defray a portion of the costs for diplomas, caps, gowns, and other graduation/commencement activities.
Registration Fee: All students are charged a $10 registration fee at the time they register for each semester or term. This fee pays for the processing of registration materials. Registration fees are non-refundable.
Student Accident Insurance Program 2019-2020: $16 Per Academic Year: All enrolled students are covered for Accident Medical Expense Benefits and Accidental Death Benefits subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions of the Policy. For more information please visit this web site: http://www2.crossagency.com/2019-2020/mccs.php
Student Activity Fee: All students registered for credit courses are assessed a student activity fee of $3 per credit hour. This fee provides students with specialized programs and activities, as well as, contributing to the student government activities. Up to $2 per credit hour may be used by the College to provide at its discretion, funding which directly benefits the students of YCCC.
Student ID Fee: Annually students are assessed a $10 fee to cover the cost of a student identification card. Lost cards will be reissued for an additional $10 fee.