Free Cybersecurity Training for CompTIA Security+ Certification
This hands-on course covers the fundamentals of cybersecurity to prepare students with skills needed in the field of cyber and in preparation for the industry recognized CompTIA Security+ Certification exam. Students will learn about security threats and vulnerabilities, as well as managing, controlling, and protecting host systems and environments. Additional material covered include network infrastructure services, wireless security, and web/cloud security. Penetration testing, risk management, disaster recovery, and incident response topics also offer students a well-rounded knowledge base in cyber security protocols and standards. Training will include 3-hour live, virtual, hands-on learning environment, in the CyberBit Range. Additionally, students will have access to both a Bootcamp prep session as well as a test prep session and an interview and resume skills class. Students who successfully pass the CompTIA Security+ certification, will receive 3 college credits in Intro to Cybersecurity at York County Community College.
Where: Training class sessions will be held on Zoom and online.
When: All training sessions will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30pm -8:00pm on Zoom the following dates:
- June 29th 5:30pm – 8:00 pm: Bootcamp Prep Session (basic skills & preparation for training)
- July 6th – August 20th, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30pm – 8:00pm Cybersecurity CompTIA Security+ Bootcamp Training
- August 24th CompTIA Security+ Test-Prep Session
- August 26th Interview & Resume Building Session with industry human resource representatives
Cost: This training is FREE for those who qualify.* Generously fully-funded through Maine Quality Centers. Training, books, and certification test are included in the program. Students will need access to a computer with a video camera and a strong wi-fi connection.
· 18+ or older
· Maine Resident
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Unemployed, underemployed, or employment impacted by Covid-19
· Basic computer knowledge
FMI: Kristen Wiegand (YCCC) 207-608-1620
What’s next? If you are interested, complete the application below. Space is limited, so apply now!