Effective March 23, 2020 the YCCC Campus and Sanford Instructional Site are closed to the public. All campus events are cancelled or postponed.
As the COVID-19 outbreak is rapidly evolving the situation demands that we take immediate action to protect the health and safety of our community. As such, York County Community College has made the difficult decision to move to full remote instruction for the remainder of the spring semester. Paramount to this decision was the safety of our students, faculty, and staff and the importance of minimizing as much risk/threat of the COVID-19 virus in the greater community. York County Community College faculty, staff, and administration have been working tirelessly to develop a plan that allows our students to stay on track for the successful completion of their Spring courses.
YCCC has taken the following actions;
- Extended spring break by one week through March 22, 2020
- Cancelled all College events, meetings, and celebrations
- Cancelled all non-essential College travel
- Implemented social distancing for anyone on campus to a radius of 6 feet or more
- Increased cleaning protocols to align with CDC recommendations
- Limited gatherings or meetings to 10 people or less
- Implemented COVID-19 Communications Plan
- Suspended all Concurrent High School classes temporarily. More information will be provided at a later time by YCCC and our high school partners
- All Culinary Arts courses with labs will be moved online with makeup labs at a later date
- All Vet Tech courses with labs will be moved online with makeup labs (as needed) at a later date
- All other courses will be fully online
- All College committee meetings will resume utilizing Zoom
- All College buildings are closed except for entry by essential personnel effective March 23, 2020
- All student support has shifted online
- All faculty support has shifted online
- All non-essential personnel will work remotely
As you can imagine, these decisions were not easy. We realize the impact it has on our students, especially our seniors. We will have challenging days ahead, but we are confident that we will overcome them by working together and supporting each other.
Our thoughts go out to everyone who has been impacted by this. Please take care of yourself and stay safe.
Our best is ahead.
A Message From President Michael Fischer – 4.6.2020
Due to Covid-19, the admissions office at YCCC may be reached by emailing email@example.com or by calling 207-216-4406 and a member of the admissions team will respond as soon as possible. If you would like to GET STARTED TODAY please CLICK HERE to begin the application process.
Below is a list of classes and events scheduled to take place at YCCC that have been cancelled or postponed due to the CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19. Please check back regularly for updates.*
- Eggs & Issues – (March 13, 2020) Cancelled
- NEPOM 2020 Conference (March, 13, 14, 15 2020) – Postponed/New Date TBA
- Free Home Buyers Education Class (March 19, 2002) – Postponed/New Date TBA
- YCCC Visiting Artist Series – Guest Artist, Andre Dubus III (March 25, 2020) – Postponed to September 30, 2020
- YCCC Career Fair (March 31 & April 1) – Cancelled
- YCCC Spring Open House Week (April 13 – 17) – Cancelled
- Rotary District 7780 District Training Assembly (April 4, 2020) – Postponed/New Date TBA
- YCCC Foundation Toast of the Coast (April 2, 2020) – Postpones/New Date TBA
- All Remaining Free Financial Literacy Series Events Cancelled
- ALL South Coast Senior College Spring 2020 Classes and Lectures – Cancelled
- PNSY Accuplacer Testing
Jason Arey, YCCC’s Dean of Students is leading the college’s response to COVID-19. If you have questions or concerns please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207.216.4399