Read about YCCC’s plan and response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Beginning this summer YCCC will be offering our HOSPITALITY & TOURISM CERTIFICATE* through our Earn and Learn Promise Program. Earn and Learn programs are internship based certificates that allow students to get hands on experiences through a paid internship. Best of all the programs all can be completed within 9 months, allowing you the opportunity to enter the workforce quickly. Our hospitality certificate was built in partnership with Hospitality Maine so you can be assured that your training is relevant and transferable. Plus, students meeting the below requirements are eligible for FREE tuition, fee and textbooks.*
WHY IS YCCC OFFERING THIS?The Hospitality & Tourism Earn and Learn Program allows you to get hands on skills that prepare you for a rewarding career. As one of Maine’s leading industry the Hospitality field provides several career opportunities. Best of all a certificate in hospitality prepares you for a rewarding career regardless of where you live.
WHEN DOES IT START?
The Hospitality & Tourism Earn and Learn Promise Program begins this summer with a paid internship at one of Maine’s outstanding hospitality locations. Participants will complete the program in March and will have the option to continue on to an associates degree or enter the workforce.
WHAT CLASSES WILL I TAKE AND WHEN?
Summer/Early Fall 2021: HOS 109 – Hospitality Internship I (6 credits)
Fall 2021 Term II: ACC 111 – Accounting I (3 credits) and BUS 110 – Introduction to Business (3 credits)
Spring 2022 Term I: CIS 115 – Software Applications (3 credits) and SPE 101 – Oral Communications (3 credits)
Here is a list of some of the great properties you could be matched with to do your internship: The Nonantum Resort, The White Barn Inn, Stage Neck Inn, Kings Port Inn, Lark Hotels, The Dunes on the Waterfront, The Colony Hotel, The Cliff House, Migis Hotel Group, The Beachmere Inn
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
1. Convey essential hospitality/tourism industry concepts using oral and written communication skills.
2. Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as a team member in collaborative projects.
3. Recognize the value of diversity in opinions, values, abilities and cultures in the hospitality/tourism industry.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROMISE PROGRAM?*
To be eligible, the student must:
1. Complete the Hospitality and Tourism Certificate Application
2. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the planned year of enrollment no later than June 1.
3. Have a household Adjusted Gross Income of:
$100,000, or less, if single or living in a single-parent household,
or $150,000, or less, if married or living in a two-parent household.
4. Be eligible for in-state tuition.