For Guidance Counselors
While helping students navigate the Admissions process at YCCC here are some helpful things to know:
1. YCCC uses the Accuplacer scores to gauge College Readiness. If a student has already taken the Accuplacer then those scores can be submitted to the Admission Office with the application. If the student has not yet been tested please have the student schedule an appointment with the YCCC Admissions office to do so.
2. There are three possible waivers from having to take the Accuplacer Math and English placement test:
- SAT SCORES
- Math scores 530+ (< 3 years old)
- Critical Reading scores 480+ (<5 years old )
- ACT SCORES
- Math score of 22+ (< 3 years old)
- English score of 22+ (<5 years old)
- COLLEGE CREDIT
- College English Course (C or better)
- College Math Course (C or better)**
**If the math is over three years old it will be transferred in, but the student will need to take Accuplacer if there are any math classes to complete their degree.
3. YCCC has Articulation Agreements with many secondary schools in the region.
For more information call 207.216.4406 or email email@example.com