IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
In the event of an emergency while on campus please use the phones located in each classroom or on the poles throughout our parking lots to CALL 911 immediately OR if the event is not life-threatening to call/text Campus Safety at 4413.
To help keep our campus safe, YCCC utilizes the LifeSafe App which includes a Daily Health Screening, optional location sharing, 911 access and reporting of incidents. Please be sure to check in on the app each time you visit one of our locations. If you need assistance with this someone at our front desk will help you.
Campus Safety Location
Campus Safety is located in the main building lobby on the Wells Campus
- Call/Text/Fax: (207) 216-4413 (Ext. 4413)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Campus Safety – Chris Burbank
- CallTtext/Fax: (207) 216-4443 (Ext. 4443)
- Email: email@example.com
Campus Safety Services
- Assist with vehicle issues (air in a tire, motor vehicle unlocks, jumpstart dead battery)
- Emergency response and preparedness
- Escorts to your vehicle
- File an Incident / Accident Report
- Investigate suspicious behavior
- Issue Campus ID Badges
- Lost & Found
- Patrols in the building and parking lot
The CARE (Coordination, Assessment, Response, and Education) Team at York County Community College exists to assist with situations that could potentially disrupt a student’s academic, educational, or social well-being. We hope to intervene early when possible, to help support the student. The cross-departmental team reviews individual cases and coordinates an appropriate action plan for response.
Questions About CARE?
Contact our co-chairs:
- Dr. Jennifer Laney – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information.
If you are involved in or witnessed an incident or accident while at YCCC, please complete an Incident Report as soon as possible so our Safety and Security Team can help navigate and support our community in any way we can.
RAVE Emergency Alert System
All YCCC Students, Faculty, and Staff are strongly encouraged to sign-up for our RAVE Emergency Alert System on the MyYCCC Portal. This system allows us to communicate with you quickly via phone, text, or email in the event of an emergency are weather delay/closing.
Instructions for Signing Up
- Click the button below to go to the RAVE link on your MyYCCC Portal.
- Click on the RAVE login link. You will be prompted to login using your MyYCCC Account and Password.
- You will then be asked to add contact information such as your cell phone number to receive text message alerts, additional email address a number for telephone voice calls. Parent, Spouse or Significant Other information can also be added here.