Admissions & Aid
If you are applying from out of the country, the deadline for FALL 2023 semester is July 15, 2023. Applications received after these dates will be pushed to the next semester.
If you are on a current visa and residing in the United States, please contact email@example.com to see if we can process your application for the upcoming semester.
Interested in attending YCCC as an International Student? Follow these steps:
- Complete your FREE YCCC College Application
- All international high school and college transcripts must be professionally translated and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. (We recommend using wes.org.)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- We accept TOEFL scores of 71 (internet-based), 197 (computer-based), or 530 (paper-based) These scores should be emailed to email@example.com. Students who are transferring from a US college or high school may be waived from the TOEFL requirement if they have successfully completed English coursework in the English language. (For information on how to take the test, visit the Educational Testing Services TOEFL website.)
- If applying for an I-20:
- Must complete a Declaration of Finances document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have a US address in place.
Once these things are in place, YCCC can issue a 1-20 that will allow students to apply for a student VISA to come to the US.
- Students who are already in the USA with an existing I-20 need to transfer their I-20 to YCCC using the I-20 Transfer Document that their current college can complete. We will take this document along with their Declaration of Finances to make updates to shift their I-20 to YCCC.
You can submit your documents in a variety of ways:
- Electronic: email@example.com
- Fax: 207.216.4409
- Mailed: York County Community College
Attention: Admissions Department
112 College Dr.
Wells, ME 04090
What happens next?
Once we receive all your documents and you have been accepted, we will prepare your student I-20 form. You will need to apply for your student visa to be able to study in the United States.
Keep in mind that while attending YCCC with an F-1 you:
- Need to maintain full-time status, which is 12 credits or more per semester
- Can work on campus if positions are available
Additional Resources for International Students
Browse the information below for information that may be helpful for studying abroad:
- For information about studying in the United States, visit the U.S. Visas website.
- To fill out an electronic visa form, visit the Travel State website.