Admissions & Aid
Through the York County Promise Free College Scholarship, eligible Mainers are now FREE to be FEARLESS.
The new initiative was just passed by the State of Maine Legislature and signed by the Governor. High school graduates from the classes of 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 are now eligible for a last-dollar scholarship to cover the tuition and fees of an Associate’s degree or one-year certificate at York County Community College.
As a last-dollar scholarship, eligible students must first accept all Federal and state grants awarded to them. Any remaining costs associated with tuition and fees will be covered by the York County Promise Free College scholarship
FREE COLLEGE & FAFSA INFO NIGHTS
If you are looking for more information about FREE College at YCCC and/or help with filing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) join our college Admissions team and Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) to get all your questions answered.
Tuesday, May 3 from 6pm – 7pm
Thursday, May 12 from 6pm – 7pm
To qualify, students must:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent from 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023. This includes homeschooled students, and students earning
- a GED or Hi-SET during those years.
- Enroll full time, earning 30 credits per year.
- Pursue an associate degree or academic credential.
- Accept all federal and state grants and scholarships. This is a last-dollar scholarship.
- Participate in academic planning and advising to stay on track to completion.
- Live in Maine at the time of enrollment and while enrolled in the program
For more information please complete the form below or CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
"*" indicates required fields