Admissions & Aid
Through the York County Promise Free College Scholarship, eligible Mainers are now FREE to be FEARLESS.
The York County Promise is funded by the State of Maine’s Free College Scholarship. The state-wide Free College Scholarship was generously funded as a one-time $20 million allocation for the 2022 supplemental budget, passed by the State of Maine Legislature and signed by Governor Janet Mills.
High school graduates from the classes of 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 are now eligible for a last-dollar scholarship to cover the tuition and fees of an Associate’s degree or one-year certificate at York County Community College.
As a last-dollar scholarship, eligible students must first accept all Federal and state grants awarded to them. Any remaining costs associated with tuition and fees will be covered by the York County Promise Free College Scholarship
To qualify, students must:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent from 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023. This includes homeschooled students, and students earning
- a GED or Hi-SET during those years.
- Enroll full time
- Pursue an associate degree or academic credential.
- Accept all federal and state grants and scholarships. This is a last-dollar scholarship.
- All applicants MUST file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible to receive a FREE COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP. Learn more about filing your FAFSA HERE.
- Participate in academic planning and advising to stay on track to completion.
- Live in Maine at the time of enrollment and while enrolled in the program
For more information please complete the form below or CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
"*" indicates required fields