Admissions & Aid
Veterans & Dependants
YCCC is a designated MILITARY FRIENDLY SCHOOL and is approved by the Maine State Approving Agency for the training of veterans and their dependents. Visit our VETERANS BENEFITS page for more information about the programs available to you.
1. Choose a Program of Study and APPLY
2. Sign Up for VA Benefits
To apply for education benefits, please follow the steps listed below:
1. Complete the Application for Benefits. Apply for your benefits directly with the Veterans Administration through one of the following options:
a. Apply online at the Veterans Administration website.
b. Call 1-888-442-4551 to have an application form mailed to you.
2. When the VA has processed your application, you will receive a Letter or Certificate of Eligibility, indicating the status of your claim. A copy of this letter must be submitted to the YCCC Certifying Official in the Admissions Office.
3. On receipt of your letter of eligibility and after you have registered for classes, the YCCC Certifying Official will submit your enrollment information to the Veterans Administration for processing. If your benefit program includes a direct payment to the College for tuition and fees, the YCCC Business Office will be notified of your eligibility for benefits. If for any reason you do not wish your enrollment information to be reported to the VA, you should contact the YCCC VA Certifying Official.
3. Request Your Offical Joint Service Transcript
Your Joint Service transcript describes your military schooling and work history in civilian terms, as a standard form, making it easier for colleges to read and recommend credits.
The American Council On Education is where you can request a military transcript. Go here to request one. Reducing the total number of courses you have to take to earn your degree can lower your total college expenses.
4. Register for Courses
After you have meet with our Admissions and Financial Aid Team you are ready to sign up for courses. Students should work with their Faculty Advisor and/or and Student Success Coach to map out an educational path that meets your goals.
This is not required for non-credit programs and workforce training.
5. Submit a Request for Certification Form
5. Consider Filing a FAFSA
Students enrolled in Credit programs are strongly encouraged to also submit the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov to be considered for other sources of funding.
YCCC is designated as a Military-Friendly School for the 2021 – 2022 academic year.
Institutions earning the Military Friendly School designation were evaluated using both public data sources and responses from a proprietary survey.
Veterans seeking a higher education can rest assured that YCCC will provide flexible and affordable learning options and support services that allow students to reach their higher education goals – often juggle work, family and school.