Business Administration — Finance Option
Associate in Applied Science
Get ahead in the finance industry with YCCC’s finance concentration. Students explore cash-flow analysis, corporate finance, banking and securities operations, and more. Students already employed in the finance industry may advance their careers. The program also offers transfer opportunities for continued education at 4-year colleges or universities.
Degree questions, answered.
Have questions about the Business Administration — Finance Option program? Fill out this form and we’ll get in touch with you.
"*" indicates required fields
In addition to general business administration courses, finance classes include Financial Markets, Money and Banking, and Personal Finance. Part-time students can take advantage of an accelerated degree sequence. Student knowledge is showcased by a capstone achievement experience.
Students will be able to:
- Analyze contemporary business and financial issues using critical thinking skills.
- Apply basic accounting and financial concepts to business problems.
- Apply quantitative analysis to the study of a wide variety of business problems.
- Effectively demonstrate oral and written communication skills to convey essential business concepts.
- Analyze, articulate, and communicate business information using appropriate information technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as a team member in collaborative projects.
- Describe and explain appropriate ethical behavior relevant to a variety of business environments.
- Demonstrate a recognition of the value of diversity in opinions, values, abilities and cultures in all business environments.
- Describe and explain the essential legal, regulatory, cultural, and organizational framework of the global financial system.
Finance Concentration students will be prepared for financial-services jobs in banking, insurance and securities, financial planning, bank branch management, and insurance agency sales and management. Students may also transfer to 4-year program to further their business education.
Meet the Faculty
Chair/Faculty - Business
Dr. Paulone has over twenty-five years of experience in manufacturing, marketing and finance, and has held such positions as marketing manager, manager of new product development, marketing program manager, director of marketing and finance director. He even had his own business as a consultant in business structure, business and market analysis and customer acquisition and retention. He has taught full time and part time for almost 20 years. Prior to coming to YCCC, he had extensive educational experience as a faculty member, director of graduate business programs and educational consultant. While in the corporate world, he had created the first electronic catalog in the bearing industry, created the first website for a Fortune 100 company, led the effort on new product development of over $1 billion of projects, created the concept through production process for several divisions of a major corporation, consulted in financial services software for the surety insurance industry, and helped lead the first e business and services venture for a major manufacturing company. He has also served on committees for the State of Connecticut and Waterbury Chamber of Commerce in the area of economic development. Dr. Paulone holds a Doctorate in Financial Management from Northcentral University. He received his MBA, concentration in marketing, and MS, concentration in Finance, from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and received his undergraduate degree from Fairfield University. He currently makes his home in Kennebunk with his wife Suzanne. They have two children and six grandchildren who all love to visit Maine and enjoy the great lifestyle of the region.