Associate in Applied Science
Our Health Studies program is designed to help you explore healthcare careers and gain a broad background for continued study. Health Studies graduates are prepared to transfer to a specialized associate degree health program or a four-year institution. They may also enter the workforce in a mid-level position in the healthcare field. Students planning to transfer should work closely with an academic advisor to choose electives consistent with their desired transfer program.
Estimated degree completion time
4 semesters, 61 credits
Degree questions, answered.
Have questions about the Health Studies program? Fill out this form and we’ll get in touch with you.
"*" indicates required fields
Program courses have been identified as basic science courses necessary for many health occupation programs. They include Dynamics of Health Care, Medical Terminology, Intro to Psychology, Psychology Across the Lifespan, and Medical Law and Ethics.
Students will be able to:
- Discuss the cultural and historical context of the U.S. healthcare system.
- Communicate effectively within the healthcare system using medical language and abbreviations.
- Explain the importance and application of basic ethical behavior in the exercise of confidentiality in healthcare.
- Recognize the value of diversity in opinions, values, abilities, and cultures in the science and healthcare fields.
- Collect, analyze, and present quantitative and qualitative information using appropriate data and technology.
- Perform and effectively communicate the results of scientific investigations, and explain how research is done in science.
Health Studies graduates may pursue careers in medicine and healthcare administration.