- Academic Programs
- Courses & Registration
- Workforce Training & Professional Development
Early College is an opportunity for Maine public high school and home-schooled students who wish to experience a college classroom, explore career options, and earn both high school and college credit at the same time!
Benefits of taking early college courses include the potential to complete your degree early, being able to showcase your academic abilities, and a lessened workload in your first year.
- Registration is open to Maine high school juniors and seniors.
- Students must have guidance counselor recommendation as well as parent/guardian approval.
- Students must meet all course prerequisites
- Students must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or be recommended by their school.
- Exception: A student who does not meet the grade point eligibility requirements, or is a first or second-year student (freshman or sophomore), is eligible to participate if:
- The student has received a recommendation to participate from the student’s school administration or teacher following an assessment of the student by the school administration; and
- The student has been approved for participation by YCCC.
First, contact your high school guidance office for advising! With guidance approval, you may register for courses during our open registration period. Open registration usually begins in mid-April for summer and fall terms, and in early November for the spring term. Registration for courses requires both parent and counselor consent.
Registration for dual enrollment and concurrent courses can be completed on the OnCourse portal.
Students may receive up to 12 college credits/year for FREE!
YCCC Reduced Rate*
You may enroll in an additional 6 credits per year at a rate of $48 per credit and no fees.
Additional credits (beyond 18 per year), will be offered at our in-state tuition rate of $96 per credit plus fees.
Students are responsible for the cost of books and transportation.
Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (207) 216-4409