Are you a restaurant manager or owner with new kitchen staff coming on-board?
Are you looking to get started in the rapidly growing restaurant industry?
The NEW Cook Bootcamp is a 4-day accelerated training that will get you ready for a fast-paced career as a line cook. The training includes ServSafe Certification as well as an overview of essential skills you will need as you begin your career. The training is free for those who qualify thanks to the generous funding through The Maine Jobs & Recovery Plan and the Harold Alfond Center for the Advancement of Maine’s Workforce.
Upon successful completion of the training, students will:
- Understand and have practice in the safe handling of food to prevent foodborne illness
- Know the basics of kitchen safety in the handling of equipment and moving about the kitchen
- Be able to identify and execute the basic precision cuts (ex. Julienne, brunoise, dice)
- Be able to make a stock
- Be able to prep vegetables for service
- Be able to make a French omelet and other egg dishes
- Be able to prepare the mother sauces and variants
- Understand the liaison method of thickening
- Be able to execute basic cooking methods:
- Understand the basics and have limited hands-on experience in prepping proteins;
- Beef, Pork, and Lamb
- Maine Resident
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 18+ before the start of the training
When: Monday, May 16 – Thursday, May 19, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
When: York County Community College Wells Campus
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to reserve your spot!
Funding is generously provided through the Harold Alfond Center for the Advancement of Maine’s Workforce and the Maine Jobs and Recovery Plan.